CPRS Physical Therapy is currently seeking a Full-Time Physical Therapist in Central PA to provide daily coverage to area offices. The qualified individual is responsible for but not limited to: patient care, attendance and participation in staff meetings, in-services, program development, quality improvement activities and marketing responsibilities for the clinic as delegated by Clinic Manager. CPRS is a Medicare certified outpatient private practice that provides physical therapy, sports rehabilitation, occupational health and wellness services throughout the Central Pennsylvania Regional and surrounding areas. CPRS Physical Therapy offers a competitive total compensation package, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, disability, life, and 401(k). For immediate consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to 717.692.4715. EOE
Monday/Wednesday/Thursday: 9 am - 7 pm
Tuesday/Friday: 7 am - 12 pm
Specific Functions and Duties:
· Perform physical demands of the position including:
o Sitting up to 4 hours per day
o Walking up to 2 hours per day
o Standing up to 8 hours per day
o Lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs.
o Bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching with entire body/arms/legs 50 times per day
o Handling materials 10 times per day
o Climbing and balancing 10 times per day
· Demonstrates and promotes a working knowledge of the CPRS Mission Statement, Core Values and Goals and strives for their achievement.
· A working knowledge and compliance in all Policies and Procedures as outlined in the CPRS Policy and Procedure Manual. Informs Staff of changes to Policies and Procedures in a timely and efficient manner.
· Demonstrates and fosters a positive attitude and a professional working environment.
· Be a role model for supportive staff.
· Be a team player, possess strong independent problem solving skills and demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and positive rapport with administration, clients, referral sources, and staff and community members.
· Demonstrates a strong customer service philosophy, which promotes positive customer relations.
· Ensures compliance to Medicare, Corporate Compliance and HIPAA guidelines.
· Ensures that only appropriate Administrative approved forms/documents and policies for clinical operations are followed.
· Maintains flexibility in adjustment of Clinic Scheduling needs and accommodates for evenings, Vacation and Holiday schedules.
· Ensures timely submission of and appropriate forms including but not limited to: PTO Request, Time Sheets, Mileage/Expense Reports and Requests for Continuing Education in correspondence with Employee Handbook.
· Maintains confidentiality of client records.
· Provides ongoing supervision to the PTAs and clerical staff and assures appropriate usage of PT aides in clinic setting.
· Completes Initial Evaluations by the first follow up visit.
· Acts as Case Manager in correspondence to Treatment Model for all active clients under their care.
· Documentation is completed on a timely basis and is adequate/appropriate in all aspects of Case Management including but not limited to, completion of Treatment Log, Plan of Care, Home Program, Continuation of Care, Discharge Planning and Discharge Summary.
· Documentation corresponds to services provided and billing is defensible by documentation of appropriate time and services.
· Documentation is in compliance to guidelines set forth by company policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates strong team player attributes in the development of clinical operational procedures/protocols. Prepares written reports as requested by the Administrator.
· Participates in student and volunteer programs within the clinic as outlined in the Student & Volunteer Program Descriptions.
· Develops Annual Goals and Objectives for themselves with input from the Clinic Manager as needed.
· Strives to maintain open, effective professional communication and a positive working relationship with the Clinic Manager and staff.
· Provides timely recommendations to Clinic Manager and/or Executive Management concerning clinic operations and prepares written reports as requested/required.
· Has access to the entire medical record for the purposes of treatment, payment and healthcare operations.
· Participates in data collection for Quality Assurance/Compliance at direction of Clinic Manager.
· Maintains current active patient listing
· Tracking MIAs is consistent with Schedule Policy and Case Management Index and communicated to staff as appropriate.
· Complies with emergency protocols for the clinic including, but not limited to: fire drills, weather related events and staff communication for emergency scheduling changes.
· Maintains a safe accessible and clean working environment.
· Maintains an active PT license in the state of PA and provides copy of current to Administrative Office in a timely manner.
· Participates in marketing and community events as directed by Clinic Manager/Executive Management.
· Provides updated resume/Curriculum Vitae annually for personnel folder.