Family Practice Center, PC is seeking a Full-Time Human Resources Generalist to support regional offices of Family Practice Center and CPRS Physical Therapy. Family Practice Center/CPRS Physical Therapy is a large group of primary care physician offices as well as outpatient physical therapy offices that provide care to 72 offices in 14 Central Pennsylvania counties. Family Practice offers a competitive total compensation package, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, disability, life, and 401(k). For immediate consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The qualified individual will serve on an HR team and will have a major role in coordinating human resources activities which require frequent contact with management, employees, the public and other agencies/officials. Expected to handle highly sensitive/confidential issues. This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. Must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as an active member of the local management team providing leadership in the areas of Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations. Provide coaching to managers as needed.
• Provide day-to-day interface with front line managers and team members on employee relations issues.
• Maintain and process all unemployment compensation and potential charges in a timely and efficient manner.
• Attend Unemployment hearings when necessary.
• Monitor and report to payroll and scheduling – vacation, sick, personal day and holiday usage.
• Maintain employee personnel files.
• Monitor and close out terminated employee files.
• Responsible for distribution, monitoring and ensuring employee performance evaluations are done in a timely manner.
• Update, monitor and maintain eligible salary adjustments/increases based on evaluations.
• Report, maintain and monitor all CPRS Worker’s Compensation case files; follow-up on open cases.
• Monitor employee eligibility for medical, vision, and dental insurance. Review benefits with employees and process enrollment, cancellation or changes for medical and dental insurance.
• Verify medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefit billing for payment processing.
• Maintain and distribute list of new and cancelled employees under the medical, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit plans.
• Maintain and monitor all employee disability case files.
• Familiarity with ACA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, OSHA and related state and federal regulations.
• Administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in development implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
• Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Conducts/coordinates new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
• Manages annual open enrollment period. Arranges for on-site representation by providers, conducts employee presentations. Processes changes within deadlines.
• Maintains credentialing on physical therapists
• Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
• Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals outside the company.
• Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
• Ensure compliance to Medicare Corporate Compliance and HIPPA guidelines are met.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Continually improve the effectiveness of HR programs by developing strategies to improve team member satisfaction, management of employee relations and current processes and procedures
• Coordinate and manage all benefits related activity including enrollment, terminations, and annual open enrollment etc.
• Analyze workforce trends, data, and statistics and provide professional guidance to facility management based on this information
• Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures. Train functional managers on new policies or procedures
• Investigate team member concerns in an objective manner and provide recommendations for resolution
• Collaborate with other HR team members to identify best practices
• Assist in the design and implementation of human resource development programs, ensuring that skills and competencies of team members meet requirements for current operation and future goals
• Participate in the Safety Committee and play an active role in the roll out of safety policies and training programs
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
• BS/BA in Business with Human Resources concentration and 3-5 years HR Generalist experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education to successfully perform the essential functions of the position
• High level of customer focus both internally and external
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding employment practices
• Demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
• Ability to effectively lead, train and motivate team members
• Ability to develop, foster and maintain a cooperative team-oriented work environment
• Ability to interface with individuals with diverse background at varying levels of the organization
• Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
Specific Functions and Duties:
• Must be able to perform physical demands of the position including
o Walking up to 1-3 hours per day
o Standing up to 1-3 hours per day
o Sitting up to 4-8 hours per day
o Bending up to 30 times per day
o Lifting up to 30lbs.