CPRS Physical Therapy is seeking a PRN Occupational Therapist to provide weekday and weekend coverage in the inpatient and outpatient setting in West Grove, PA. CPRS is an Employee Owned Outpatient Private Practice that offers a competitive rate. For immediate consideration, please forward resumes to email@example.com or fax to 717.692.4715. EOE
· Must be a graduate of an accredited OT program and licensed Occupational Therapist or eligible for licensure in the state of employment.
· Clinical experience of one year as a Staff Occupational Therapist is required.
· Advanced degrees and participation in continuing clinical education are recommended.
· Possess strong clinical skills/knowledge and the ability to direct self and staff through all aspects of a basic treatment plan.
· Possess interpersonal skills and a high comfort level in public speaking at a community level.
· Maintains current CPR certification.
· Executive management reserves the right to review an individual’s qualifications on a case by case basis.
The qualified individual is responsible for but not limited to: patient care, attendance and participation in staff meetings, in-services, program development, quality improvement activities and marketing responsibilities for the clinic as delegated by the Director of Rehabilitation Services or Clinic Manager.
- Initiates and maintains open lines of communication between Management, the Clinical Staff, the Clerical Staff, clients, referral sources and community members.
- Must provide or keep current curriculum vitae upon completion of continuing education.
- Performs OT assessment, reassessment and appropriate treatment using advanced clinical skills in OT, and supervises COTA to provide up to date treatment.
- Occupational Therapist provides assessment and treatment as prescribed by the referring physician and/or provides recommendation of treatments to the referring physician based upon OT assessment and treatment plan.
- Co-Signs COTA portion of re-evaluations (except Medicare, must be done by OT).
- Provides written instructions to patient and/or family members when applicable. Communicates patient’s status to referring physicians.
- Achieves and maintains a level of productivity which meets or exceed the standard established by CPRS.
- Required to pass clinical competency requirements on an annual basis.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Specific Functions and Duties:
· Perform physical demands of the position including:
o Sitting up to 4-8 hours per day
o Walking up to 1-4 hours per day
o Standing up to 1-4 hours per day
o Lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs.
o Bending, stooping, twisting and reaching with entire body/arms/legs up to 50 times per day
o Handling materials 1-30 times per day
o Climbing and balancing 1-10 times per day
· Demonstrates and promotes a working knowledge of the CPRS Mission Statement, Core Values and Goals and strives for their achievement.