CPRS Physical Therapy is currently looking for a PRN Licensed Athletic Trainer to provide as needed coverage to our local school districts. CPRS is a Medicare certified outpatient private practice that provides physical therapy, sports rehabilitation, occupational health and wellness services throughout the Central Pennsylvania Regional and surrounding areas. CPRS Physical Therapy offers a competitive rate. For immediate consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to 717.692.4715. EOE
· Educational Requirements: Minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited athletic training program if completed after January 1, 2004. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in health related field if completed prior to January 1, 2004.
· Must be a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) in good standing with the Board of Certification (BOC).
· Must be an ATC licensed by and in good standing with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or eligible for licensure.
· Must possess Emergency Cardiac Care Certification through a BOC approved provider.
· Must possess a Weight Assessor Certification.
· Athletic training experience is recommended; however, new graduates are eligible.
· Advanced degrees and participation in continuing education are recommended.
· Possess strong skills/knowledge and the ability to direct self and staff through all aspects of a treatment plan and emergency situation.
· Demonstrates the ability to work independently and solve problems calmly in emergency situations.
· Possess leadership attributes.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a high comfort level in public speaking at a community level are required.
· Upper management reserves the right to review an individual’s qualifications on a case by case basis.
The qualified individual is responsible to provide athletic training services at designated sites under contract with CPRS. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, attendance and participation in staff meetings, in-services, program development, quality improvement activities and marketing responsibilities for CPRS as delegated by Coordinator of Athletic Training Services.
Initiates and maintains open lines of communication between Management, the Support Staff, CPRS clinics, all clinic employees, clients, referral sources and community members.
Specific Functions and Duties:
· Perform physical demands of the position including:
o Sitting up to 1-4 hours per day
o Walking up to 1-4 hours per day
o Standing up to 4-8 hours per day
o Lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs.
o Bending, stooping, twisting and reaching with entire body/arms/legs up to 50 times per day
o Handling materials 1-20 times per day
o Climbing and balancing 1-10 times per day
· Demonstrates and promotes a working knowledge of the CPRS Mission Statement, Core Values and Goals and strives for their achievement.
· A working knowledge and compliance in all Policies and Procedures as outlined in the CPRS Policy and Procedure Manual.
· A working knowledge and compliance of the supplemental terms and conditions set-forth in the Employment Agreement for Certified Athletic Trainers.
· Demonstrates and fosters a positive attitude and a professional working environment.
· Be a role model for staff.
· Be a team player, possess strong independent problem solving skills and demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and positive rapport with administration, clients, referral sources, staff and community members.
· Demonstrates a strong customer service philosophy, which promotes positive customer relations.
· Work under the supervision, direction, and decisions of the CPRS Coordinator of Athletic Training Services and Outreach Director as appointed by CPRS.
· Provide Athletic Training Services as outlined in the contracted site’s Agreement for Athletic Training Services with CPRS, and abide by the policies and procedures for the contracted sites(s).
· Abide by the ATC scope of practice and adhere to and maintain requirements for BOC certification and Licensure within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Athletic Trainer Licensure; copies of current certificate(s) and license are provided to the Administrative Office in a timely manner.
· Maintains scheduling flexibility to accommodate morning, afternoon, evening, weekend and holiday hours as needed according to the contracted sites athletic schedule and athletic director(s) request for the contracted services in the Agreement for Athletic Training Services.
· Ensures compliance to Corporate Compliance and HIPAA guidelines.
· Ensures that only appropriate Administrative approved forms/documents and policies for company operations are followed.
· Ensures timely submission of all documentation, including, but not limited to, Physician Referral Forms, PT/ATC Communication Forms, PTO Requests, Time Sheets, Mileage/Expense Reports and Requests for Continuing Education in correspondence with Employee Handbook.
· Communicates appropriately with athletes, parent(s)/guardian(s), athletic director(s), coaches and associated healthcare professionals.
· Initiates and maintains open lines of communication between Senior Management, Coordinator of Athletic Training Services, Athletic Training Outreach Director, and other CPRS staff.
· Provides timely recommendation to Coordinator of Athletic Training Services and/or Management concerning contracted site operations and prepares written reports as requested/required.
· Establish and/or annually review and update as needed, the policies for operation of an athletic training program for the contracted school the ATC is assigned. This includes, but is not limited to, Standing Orders by the school’s designated licensed physician, Emergency Action Plan, Lightning Policy, Concussion Protocol, Pre-Participation Physical Forms, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines for Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Control, Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) rules and regulations for each sport.
· Develops Annual Goals and Objectives with input from the Coordinator of Athletic Training Services as needed.
· Provides ongoing supervision of the Student Athletic Trainer(s) and assures appropriate usage of Student Athletic Trainer(s) at the contracted site(s) when applicable.
· Maintains a safe accessible and clean working environment.
· Ability to take on added responsibilities and duties as delegated by Director of Athletic Training Services and/or appropriate Executive Management.