CPRS Physical Therapy is currently seeking a Full-Time Patient Payment Billing Specialist in our Elizabethville office. The qualified individual is responsible for, but not limited to, the daily posting of payments and correction of insurance processing errors and other duties as delegated by the Billing and Collections Manager. CPRS is a Medicare certified outpatient private practice that provides physical therapy, sports rehabilitation, occupational health and wellness services throughout the Central Pennsylvania Regional and surrounding areas. CPRS Physical Therapy offers a competitive rate and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to 717.692.4715. EOE
• Must have experience with computers and be able to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience with medical terminology and medical billing is recommended, but not required.
• Executive management reserves the right to review an individual’s qualifications on a case by case basis.
Specific Functions and Duties:
• Perform physical demands of the position including:
o Walking up to 1-3 hours per day
o Standing up to 1-3 hours per day
o Sitting up to 4-8 hours per day
o Bending up to 30 times per day
o Lifting up to 30 lbs.
• Demonstrates and promotes a working knowledge of the CPRS Mission Statement, Core Values and Goals and strives for their achievement.
• A working knowledge and compliance in all Policies and Procedures as outlined in the CPRS Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Demonstrates and fosters a positive attitude and a professional working environment.
• Be a team player, possess strong independent problem solving skills and demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and positive rapport with administration, clients, referral sources, and staff and community members.
• Demonstrates a strong customer service philosophy, which promotes positive customer relations.
• Compliant with HIPAA guidelines.
• Maintains flexibility with work schedule to accommodate client and work flow and accommodate for evenings, Vacation and Holiday schedules. Overtime with Billing Manager or Director approval only.
• Demonstrates strong team player attributes.
• Strives to maintain open, effective professional communication and a positive working relationship with co-workers and clients.
• Has access to the entire medical record for the purposes of treatment, payment and healthcare operations.
• Maintains a safe accessible and clean working environment.
• Answers phones following CPRS guidelines with a courteous and respectful tone.
• Addresses client questions, complaints, and requests in a timely, courteous, and respectful manner.
• Completes the daily posting of payments in a timely and accurate manner while identifying problems and following through to correct the error and receive payment.
• Reconciles all posted payments and the reconciliation of the Day Sheet.
• Posts all credit card payments the day after the payment is received.
• Maintains an accurate and complete patient record including updating information in record as needed.
• Pursues payment for old accounts within the CPRS guidelines and insurance specific guidelines by thoroughly working Aging reports on a monthly basis.
• Communicates pertinent information with all CPRS clinics to ensure compliance with industry and CPRS standards.
• Participates in marketing and community events as directed by Billing and Collections Manager or Director.
• Assists with other administrative duties as assigned by the Billing and Collections Manager.