CPRS Physical Therapy is currently seeking a Full-Time Physical Therapist Assistant in our Mifflintown office. CPRS is a Medicare certified outpatient private practice that provides physical therapy, sports rehabilitation, occupational health and wellness services throughout the Central Pennsylvania Regional and surrounding areas. CPRS Physical Therapy offers a competitive rate and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to 717.692.4715. EOE
Qualifications for PTA:
· Must be a graduate of an accredited PTA program and licensed Physical Therapist Assistant or eligible for licensure in the state of employment.
· Clinical experience is recommended; however, new graduates are eligible.
· Participation in continuing clinical education is recommended.
· Possess strong clinical skills/knowledge and the ability to direct self and staff through all aspects of a basic treatment plan under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.
· Strong interpersonal skills are recommended.
· Maintains current CPR certification.
· Executive management reserves the right to review an individual’s qualifications on a case by case basis.
The qualified individual is responsible for but not limited to: patient care under the direction and plan of a licensed Physical Therapist, attendance and participation in staff meetings, in-services, program development, quality improvement activities and marketing responsibilities for the clinic as delegated by Clinic Manager. Initiates and maintains open lines of communication between Management, the Support Staff, clients, referral sources and community members.
Specific Functions and Duties:
· Perform physical demands of the position including:
o Sitting up to 1-4 hours per day
o Walking up to 1-4 hours per day
o Standing up to 4-8 hours per day
o Lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs.
o Bending, stooping, twisting and reaching with entire body/arms/legs up to times per day
o Handling materials 1-20 times per day
o Climbing and balancing 1-10 times per day
· Performs and executes specific treatment protocols under the direction and supervision of licensed Physical Therapist.
· Demonstrates and promotes a working knowledge of the CPRS Mission Statement, Core Values and Goals and strives for their achievement.
· A working knowledge and compliance in all Policies and Procedures as outlined in the CPRS Policy and Procedure Manual.
· Demonstrates and fosters a positive attitude and a professional working environment.
· Be a role model for support staff.
· Be a team player, possess strong problem solving skills and demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and positive rapport with administration, clients, referral sources, and staff and community members.
· Demonstrates a strong customer service philosophy, which promotes positive customer relations.
· Ensures compliance to Medicare, Corporate Compliance and HIPAA guidelines.
· Ensures that only appropriate Administrative approved forms/documents and policies for clinical operations are followed.
· Maintains flexibility in adjustment of Clinic Scheduling needs and accommodates for evenings, Vacation and Holiday schedules.
· Ensures timely submission of and appropriate forms including but not limited to; PTO Request, Time Sheets, Mileage/Expense Reports and Requests for Continuing Ed in correspondence with Employee Handbook.
· Maintains confidentiality of client records.
· Provides ongoing supervision to support staff including but not limited to Therapy aides, students and volunteers.
· Documentation is recorded accurately and completed on a timely basis.
· Documentation corresponds to services provided and billing is defensible by documentation of appropriate time and services.
· Documentation is in compliance to guidelines set forth by company policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates strong team player attributes in the development of clinical operational procedures/protocols.
· Participates in student and volunteer programs within the clinic as outlined in the Student & Volunteer Program Descriptions.
· Develops Annual Goals and Objectives with input from the Clinic Manager as needed.
· Strives to maintain open, effective professional communication and a positive working relationship with the Clinic Manager and staff.
· Has access to the entire medical record for the purposes of treatment, payment and healthcare operations.
· Participates in data collection for Quality Assurance/Compliance at direction of Clinic Manager.
· Complies with emergency protocols for the clinic including, but not limited to, fire drills, AED location and use, weather related events and staff communication for emergency scheduling changes.
· Maintains a safe accessible and clean working environment.
· Maintains an active PTA license in the state of PA and provides copy of current to Administrative Office in a timely manner.
· Participates in marketing and community events as directed by Clinic Manager/Executive Management.